03/09/2018

Changing Priorities

After a couple of false starts with this blog, and after falling across a documentary on Netflix the other day, I've been questioning my motivation for writing, and what I really wanted to achieve.


As a concept, minimalism sits generally at odds with much of what surrounds my life, and indeed much of what I have grown up viewing as important, desirable, worth chasing etc.

But, I think, combined with a general low feeling in emotional and mental health over the last month, watching the documentary came at a pretty useful time (and was purely coincidental because I picked it rather than watching Blackfish, which I had decided, given the aforementioned mood, possibly wasn't the best way to end an evening).

What struck me from the programme, was that minimalism is about more than simply getting rid of stuff, and particularly the idea of living more deliberately, questioning the value we place in things, and challenging ourselves when buying new/more things.

So, rather than what this blog was initially started as, I think this may help start a journey of change in myself, as I seek to challenge some of the habits I've built up so far in life, and working out if I can live better with less.

Even if it's just a passing curiosity, I fully recommend watching the doc, or visiting their website, The Minimalists

No comments:

Post a Comment